Canine Adoption Fees
$450 for puppies up to six months
$400 for dogs six to twelve months
$250 for dogs one to five years
$150 for dogs six to ten years
Seniors and special needs are priced individually
Special breeds and purebreds are priced individually
Happy Traveler Adoption Fees – Out of state rescue dogs
$450 for dogs up to twelve months
$400 for dogs one year and older
Happy Traveler seniors, special needs, special breeds and purebreds priced individually
Gold Adoptions – Purebred Dogs
Special breeds and purebreds priced individually
A $50 non-refundable down payment is required to hold a puppy or dog from any category.
Adoption fees are subject to change. Please call the shelter for an accurate price.
All of our adoptable dogs have been:
- Heart worm and tick-borne disease tested
- vaccinated for rabies (if over 12 weeks old) and distemper
- treated for internal/external parasites
- and come with a certificate for a free office visit to a participating, local veterinarian’s office.
How to Adopt
To be qualified to adopt a puppy or dog from RPC you must agree to provide training and keep the animal under control at all times. Dogs should not be allowed to roam freely.
You must not have ever surrendered a dog to a shelter
An approved application is required before a dog is released. The application includes the following:
- Personal information: name, address, phone number, etc.
- Landlord’s permission, if you rent your home. Large breed dogs will only be given to home owners with large outdoor spaces.
- Information about pets in your home. All dogs and cats must be current with their rabies and distemper vaccinations
- Name and phone number of the veterinarian that treats your pets
- Two non-family references with daytime phones numbers
The information on the application will be verified before approval is given. There could be a 24-48 hours wait if references or the veterinarian cannot be reached immediately. Notification is made by phone when an application has been approved.
To avoid delays print clearly, complete all the required information, submit your application for pre-approval.
Responsible Pet Care reserves the right to deny any applicant that does not meet the adoption requirements, or is perceived to be a threat to the health and well being of our animals.